Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nets At Heat Tonight at 7:30: What To Expect

The Nets are coming into Miami tonight to play the Heat for the second time this season. Last time these two met, the Heat routed the Nets in one of the +20 point victories. Heres what I expect to see this game...



Miami's defense was not its usual self tonight, I expect that to change in big ways. I expect lock down D and the Nets to be held to under 85 points. Miami is going to take this opportunity to make up for last night.

Look for a lot of attacking the rim early, from the whole team. I expect them to be pretty angry about the loss last night, and the Nets just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Look for Bosh to continue to get better in this offense. I would like to see 15 points from him today with at least six or seven rebounds.

I would like to see 5 bodies going for boards after every shot the Nets take. Miami knows rebounding is an issue, and they also know two of their big men are shooters first (Bosh and Z). I want to see a clear the boards mentality from everyone on the court.

The Nets shot terribly the first game, so I expect this game to be a bit closer. If Miami can feed off that home courts energy, however, this game is going to get ugly fast. I think the Heat are going to be one of the top home teams in basketball this year (Along with Boston, LA, OKC, and Golden State).

Finally, I want to see LeBron continue to get James Jones and Eddie House involved the way he was been. Part of being a leader on your time is making the players around you better, which LeBron has always done. Look for Jones to shoot well today.

My final prediction - There are a lot of x factors here, but I am going to say Heat put the Nets away early. I think Miami will win by at least 14 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment