Monday, November 1, 2010

Get to know me

Okay, so by now you guys probably have figured out that I am a very big Lebron supporter. I feel like there are a lot of people who just jumped on the LeBron, D-Wade, Bosh bandwagon, so let me tell you where this all started.

When I was in sixth grade LeBron was a junior in high school. Everyone in the basketball world was talking about him, and I was caught up in every second of it. I watched every televised high school game, read every article about him, and watched in awe as the media turned this 17-year-old into a large than life star.

I had my concerns about LeBron, as any fan would. I was afraid he would not be able to handle the media, or that he would let the money get to his head, or something would happen in order to crush my dreams. Needless to say, I was proven wrong. LeBron talked with the sophistication of an adult and handled himself in an extremely mature manner.

From that point on, I followed LeBron in whatever he did. When he was drafted to Cleveland I watched his rookie debut. I watched him develop a jump shot, I watched him be compared to Magic Johnson, and I watched him pick the whole Cavaliers team up and put them on his back (as he often did) in an amazing playoff win against Detroit a few years back. Everything he did, I was watching. I was amazed by his talents, and new that I was watching a legend in the game of basketball.

Since the decision was made, LeBron had turned from America's hero to public enemy number 1 in a matter of months. I understood that people could get a little upset, but the way people acted was completely ridiculous. I honestly feel that is the type of disrespect that you should give no person on this earth. I now see all the hate he receives via twitter, Facebook, and everything else. Quite frankly, I have seen enough. LeBron is a true great in the game today and deserves our respect. I created this blog to give you a detailed look at LeBron's career. STARTING with Miami. This is not to say that the past is not important. The past is important, however, it is also the past. It is time to move on, and by move on, I mean over the non believers, above the haters, and through the competition. Lets get this started right.

No comments:

Post a Comment