Monday, November 22, 2010

Heat lose to Pacers 93-77 / Miami is held to season low in scoring

Another tough loss in Miami tonight. The Heat did not score the way they could, and it cost them. Lets take a look at what went wrong tonight.

Wade was not himself. Dwayne was 1 for 13 from the field tonight and 0 from 4 from the 3 point line. On top of that, he shot 20 percent from the free throw line. He just did not look like the Dwayne Wade we are all used to. I thought he should had rested this game to begin with, and I think this game proved he was probably better off sitting this one out.

Miami got killed on the boards. I have stressed rebounds in every article I wrote, and now we see why. Miami could not buy a rebound tonight, and it showed. They were dominated on the boards, and those second chance opportunities really hurt them.

NO help from the bench. The bench had 4 points tonight. 4 points. I am pretty sure if I strapped up and played with LeBron and Wade and Bosh I could score more than 4 points. There was no intensity and everyone was counting on everyone else to score. No one took any initiative. The bench play was not something the Heat should be proud of.

LeBron and Bosh played well. LeBron put up 25 with some assists and rebounds, and Bosh added 21 points. There were, however, some turnovers that proved costly.

Watching this game, one thing stood out to me more than everything else. Everyone that played, other then the starting five, simply watched the big 3 play. I don't like how no one looked for their shot. I see these guys sitting around and waiting for the big 3 to do something. At some point, they have to realize that the have to make an effort and get points to. AT LEAST go out there and grab some boards. The one thing I did not like about when LeBron played in Cleveland was that he would go out there and do everything, and everyone just watched. It is worrying me that I saw this in Miami tonight, and it is defiantly something they need to work towards. Team work has proven to be Miami's biggest problem, and I hope to see some improvements soon.

Miami is up against a tough Orland squad Wednesday night. I would like to see them work out their kinks, and bring their intensity to the next level. They are going to need 5 men crashing the boards if they want to rebound with Dwight Howard.

No comments:

Post a Comment